Early Childhood Education

| October 4, 2016

The youngest minds of Australia will one day be its leaders. Researchers believe that preschool is a critical period to expand the educational equity and opportunity of children by giving them a strong start. When is the right time to get kids “school ready”?

For the next two months we will consider this question and others as we delve into the world of early childhood education.

We know that high-quality early childhood education can provide the foundation for achieving academic, health, and social goals. However, there is something to be said about letting kids be kids. Can “playing” and learning how to get along with other children be as important as getting a head start on reading and math? And how can we ensure that this same high-quality early education is available and affordable to children in disadvantaged communities?

We will talk with educators, researchers and parents, and we warmly encourage you to join this discussion.

Please contact Svetlana at sstankovic@openforum.com.au to share your thoughts and concerns with our online community.

RELATED CONTENT:

SHARE WITH:

9 Comments

1. Theojess1

October 4, 2016 at 9:09 am

Great minds think alike

Very interesting read.

• Carturestry

November 16, 2016 at 5:17 pm

that’s true

Indeed, I've also found it to be very interesting to read!! Very useful info!

• wolph

November 18, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Childhood education

Dear Childhood Educators, Childhood education should start at age of 2 ears old. At this age child has already developed to know who he/she wants to be. Childhood educator should be able to figure out from the child's behaviour of his/her capabilities. It is possible to do. Only question is How? Sincerely Mike Wolph

2. jemtraining

November 21, 2016 at 9:35 am

Intresting Article

A very nice and interesting article to read. Thanks for sharing your views with us.

3. OUR KIDZ

December 1, 2016 at 11:30 am

Early childhood education

In recent years early childhood education became an important education for preschool children. There are many things for a child to learn and think creatively.

• Norma_Norma

December 16, 2016 at 8:52 am

Early childhood education – with SDP

Dear Friends,

Could you please help me? I’m searching for materials related with therapies for SDP children. I’ve found some blogs like http://www.sensory-therapies.com/ but I need more info, something like your post.

4. NicoleBarr

January 4, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Nice to Read
    This is very good one to read.

5. Tutorversal

February 21, 2017 at 9:17 am

Great discussion

Great discussion over early childhood education…

• anghelita

February 27, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Importance of Early Childhood Education

In old days, people used to think that children don't have ability to distinguish what is right and wrong so there is no need to educated them in their early ages. However, even though it is true that they can't differentiate right or wrong, it is also true that children absorb everything what they hear and see like a sponge and therefore early education is essential. The education given in early childhood shapes foundation of the life and helps mental and academic development of child. it is very essential to recognize importance of early childhood education and how it effects to personal life.

Leave a Comment