In the last year we’ve had some significant changes in leadership on a political level – in Australia and abroad. It is obvious how much this shapes the course of events. A certain leadership style can inspire and unite or polarise and divide.
So what does it mean to be a good leader? Most would agree that it is someone who knows how to achieve goals and motivates people along the way. Is there a particular Australian style of leadership and if yes, what does it look like and in what way is it different?
Furthermore, how can we achieve a higher representation of female leadership throughout our workforce and the wider community? Men have long dominated leadership positions. We see a more equal playing field today but gender inequality is still ripe in all areas of society. And what about Millennials in the workplace as they transition into future leaders – do they have what it takes?
It’s these and other questions that we’ll discuss in the coming two months, and we’d love to hear what you think! Please contact Svetlana at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and blog ideas.
- Leading productivity – by Dermot Crowley
- Do women need to be good networkers to lead? – by Jason Renshaw
- Leaders need to nip ‘em in the bud – by Georgia Murch
- The 5 biggest handbrakes on momentum – by Michael McQueen
- Time to rise: The positive impact of diversity in the workplace – by Aniya Roslan
- Leading through influence and adaptability – by Jenny Brockis
- This human – working towards a world of abundance and equality – by Melis Senova
- Democracy and populism – by John Keane
- Trump’s populist leadership – by Henrik Bang
- How changing times made Australia’s political leaders more disposable – by Rodney Tiffen
- Why did I start the Australian Leadership Project? – by Victor Perton
- Leadership – create today what we’ll need tomorrow – by Gabrielle Davies
- Australian leadership: People who dare to dream. People who are prepared to take risks. – by Les Twentyman
- Some leaders are born. All leaders can be made. – by Heidi Holmes
- Australian leadership: Diversity as our strength – by Simon McKeon
- The community sector: Different types of leadership – by Russ Grayson
- Helping people help themselves – by Richard Lindley
- How to inspire a generation of young leaders – by Louisa Keck
- Mike Cannon-Brookes just led the way for Philanthropy 2.0 in Australia – by Audrey Melnik
- How gender stereotypes compromise performance and wellbeing – by Anna Lee